The role of the Level 3 Classroom Teacher (L3CT) is to be negotiated at the school level with the principal or line manager and is to be consistent with the L3CT Information and Guidelines. Schools are provided with 0.1 FTE if your school has at least 1 L3CT, 0.1 FTE if your school meets the below criteria and/or 0.1 FTE for the delivery of a mental health program (if your school applied). So what role do you undertake in your school? Join the conversation and let us know what difference your L3CT role is making to your school community.
1. Every school that has at least one L3CT (as at February 2018) will receive a targeted initiative equivalent to 0.1FTE of the notional salary rate of a teacher (level 2 or 3). This targeted initiative was titled “Level 3 Classroom Teacher Additional Teacher Time” and provided funding to enable additional time for a L3CT to mentor, teach and share their knowledge about teaching with other teachers.
2. Schools meeting the eligibility criteria below (at 22 February 2018) will receive a targeted initiative equivalent to 0.1FTE of the notional salary rate of a teacher (level 2 or 3). This targeted initiative was titled “Schools with Low Proportion of Level 3 Classroom Teachers”. Eligibility criteria includes:
- schools that employ at least one L3CT
- less than eight teachers employed at the school are L3CT
- less than 10% of teachers employed at the school are L3CT
3. Schools with a L3CT were eligible to submit an application for funding equivalent to an additional 0.1FTE of the annual notional salary rate of a teacher (level 2 or 3) to deliver mental health programs. This resource was designed to promote student wellbeing and provide opportunities for students to develop mental health knowledge, skills and competencies.